Pete and the Macho Dick Heads


Big Hard Excellent Fish - Imperfect List (Rimming Elvis The Andy Weatherall Way)
Ripped from a 12" vinyl single released on One Little Indian Records (041TP 12L) to high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio. Going a bit down-tempo now. Scouser soul boy Pete Wylie turns bitter beat poet in this laid back and smooth chill-out dedication to everything he hates in life. His...Imperfect List. Produced and mixed by Andrew Weatherall, though I am not too sure what Elvis had to do with it. For penguinflight.

A1 Imperfect List
B1 Imperfect List
B2 Imperfect List

6 comments:

  1. Gone in two weeks....

    https://mega.nz/#!eJJWgBgS!qs4L_1jXXp81Iwv8IIh55A1naIIt8_zHdWisoX0wnuw

    ReplyDelete
  2. All hail the wonderful Josie Jones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great, been waiting for this.

    As far as I know, it was Wylie's partner of the time, Josie Jones (the vocalist) who wrote the lyrics.

    Story is she walked into One Little Indian's offices and played this at them and they didn't know what to think. Few people knew, at the time, it was Wylie/Wah!

    More info here:-
    http://fremsley.tumblr.com/post/24821977275

    - Penguinflight

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, had been waiting for this to show up; one of those legendary one-offs that appear as if from no-where and stir people up. I think it was SNUB TV that first played it, with the static test card video.

    Of course at the time only a few people knew it was Wylie; it was kept deliberately anonymous as possible to raise the mystique. The flat design, the tracks all being called 'Imperfect List' without differentiation... Story has it Josie Jones walked in to One Little Indian's offices and played this AT them and they were gobsmacked and didn't know what to think. I believe she's also responsible for the lyrics.

    More information here:-
    http://fremsley.tumblr.com/post/24821977275

    - Penguinflight

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't aware of this.

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just founded the 2013 follow-up.
    A very powerful video, directed by Josie Jones:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ32FrwdRSw

    ReplyDelete