All Shook Up


Gene And Jim Are Into Shakes - Shake!
Ripped from a 12" vinyl single released on Rough Trade Records (RTT 216) in 1988 to high resolution 24-bit flac audio. After 1987 sampling was rife as is shown with this 12" by the anonymous Gene And Jim which came out in a multitude of mixes on major-indie Rough Trade. I remember it well and recall once possessing a copy ...plus the remixes! Thanks to Steve for this rip.

A1 Shake! (How About A Sampling, Gene?)
B1 Shake! (How About A Sampling, Gene?) (Instrumental)

5 comments:

  1. Gone in two weeks....

    https://mega.nz/#!XMJkSCoR!45z0DV6j8Rz03FOGiaVv2WRcS0nJtlc3r1mzYf1s4Cc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha... I was listening to a lowly 192kbps version of this the other day; copied from a cassette recorded off Annie Nightingale's Sunday show at the time. Not having heard it since I was surprised at how good I thought it was - assuming it was a novelty single - and irritated I didn't have a better copy I could add to a playlist. Mere days later...

    - Penguinflight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I have the 12" of this! Now, if you have Steinski and the Mass media... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I have a rather beat version of this, so this recording will be a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a massive favorite around mine!

    ReplyDelete