You Know What You Are...?


Ministry - The Land Of Rape and Honey
Ripped from a vinyl album released on Sire Records (925 799-1) in 1988 to high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio. Okay ...okay, I know that I've poked fun at Alejandro Ramirez Casa in these pages, as the one who reinvented himself as the new dark lord of Lard, Buck Satan and Hypo Luxa. IMHO, if it wasn't for Luc Van Acker and Adrian Sherwood, then poor little Alejandro would still be churning out middle-aged synth-pop in his espadrilles and trilby. Twitch was his pinnacle, since then his need to shock has overridden the need to be creative.  There are still a few worthy moments here, Golden Dawn, the title track, You Know What You Are and Abortive, but these are all closer to Twitch than the new pseudo-metal-industrial genre which he "created".

A1 Stigmata
A2 The Missing
A3 Deity
A4 Golden Dawn
A5 Destruction
B1 The Land Of Rape And Honey
B2 You Know What You Are
B3 Flashback
B4 Abortive

6 comments:

  1. Gone in two weeks....

    https://mega.nz/#!vZQjELrb!8cU25pxcl2t5Svf3fyBIPl9i-cX-696w19UjHsw1Vmc

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Alejandro Ramirez Casa" was a TIL moment...

    Let's just say that commercially, the move to pseudo-metal-industrial was brilliant, up through the following two albums and their greatest success...and then it went off the rails in a heap of excess. I and some others do rate it, but can understand if you do not.

    More eye-openers...one being that he has an autobiog!
    http://radio.com/2013/10/25/6-things-we-didnt-learn-from-al-jourgensens-memoir/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....he dated Aimee Mann? I didn't know that.

      On a side note... I will rip the Twitch vinyl when I get myself reconnected properly after my home move.

      Delete
  3. Spot on about Twitch - it still holds up too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the sound of The Land Of Rape & Honey comes from the fact that Al was a fan of Killing Joke and Big Black. Also, he was in a short lived post-punk band Special Affect.

    https://sleazebox.com/album/222335/too-much-soft-living?autostart=true

    ReplyDelete