Ministry - Cold Life
Ripped from a 12" vinyl single released on Situation Two Records (SIT 17T) in 1982 to high resolution 24-bit flac audio.
B1 I'm Falling
B2 Cold Life Dub
Ministry - I Wanted To Tell Her
Ripped from a 12" vinyl single released on Arista Records (ARIST 12533) in 1983 to high resolution 24-bit flac audio.
A I Wanted To Tell Her
B1 I Wanted To Tell Her (Tongue-Tied Mix)
B2 A Walk In The Park
Ministry - Revenge (You Did It Again)
Ripped from a 12" vinyl single rleased on Arista Records (ARIST 12549) in 1983 to high resolution 24-bit flac audio.
A2 Effigy
B1 Work For Love



Gone in two weeks....
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/#!KFhRGITB!39ddoIvimJ9Go551o2TaDsrZXhvFSbVdBPFQnlemF78
A great reminder of how GOOD Twitch sounded after these dreadful singles. I Wanted to Tell Her actually sounds worse then I remember. Ministry's window was very small indeed. But when they were good, they were quite good. Such a shame.
ReplyDeleteCharles...agreed. Their early "we're pop, but we don't really know who we are" period was atrocious. The latter two covers scream Al doesn't know if he wants to be Peter Murphy or Boy George, lol!
DeleteThen, the period from Twitch thru Psalm 69 is brilliant. For me, from Filth Pig on it was downhill. I'm inferring from your comment that it doesn't get better, but I kinda gave up on them and haven't heard any of their newer releases.
In agreement with Konrad & Charles here, perhaps most Ministry listeners as well. Ministry was out of focus for me following the release of Filth Pig. On a side note though, as a young teenager I was wild about 'With Sympathy'. It wasn't until 'Every Day Is Halloween' and 'Twitch' that I began to redevelop my ideas of what harder synthpop 'industrial' could be. Then again, at that time I was all over anything Wax Trax! and or Belgian.
DeleteI was somewhat the same RA, along with A Split Second, Laibach, Borghesia, Attrition (from the beginning with them, and also), In The Nursery (brilliant until they went all soundtrack orientation)...so many others...
DeleteSpeaking of Laibach...if anyone has an excellent rip of their "Life Is Life" 12" release? Never come out on CD as far as I know...always loved that version.
I'm in total disagreement...this is my favorite Ministry era. By the time they hit The Land of Rape and Honey, except for Stigmata, a great song to speed to by the way, I'd moved on. I'm probably in the minority though.
ReplyDelete