Felt 1989-88-1989


Felt - Poem Of The River
Ripped from a vinyl album released on Creation Records (CRELP 017) in 1987 to high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio.

A1 Declaration
A2 Silver Plane
A3 She Lives By The Castle
B1 Stained-Glass Windows In The Sky
B2 Riding On The Equator
B3 Dark Red Birds



Felt - The Final Resting Of The Ark
Ripped from a 12" vinyl EP released on Creation Records (CRE 048T) in 1987 to high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio.

A1 The Final Resting Of The Ark
A2 Autumn
B1 Fire Circle
B2 There's No Such Thing As Victory
B3 Buried Wild Blind



Felt - The Pictorial Jackson Review
Ripped from a vinyl album released on Creation Records (CRELP 030) in 1988 to high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio.

A1 Apple Boutique
A2 Ivory Past
A3 Until The Fools Get Wise
A4 Bitter End
A5 How Spook Got Her Man
A6 Christopher St
A7 Under A Pale Light
A8 Don't Die On My Doorstep
B1 Sending Lady Load
B2 The Darkest Ending



Felt - Train Above The City
Ripped from a vinyl album released on Creation Records (CRELP 035) in 1988 to high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio. Felt go lounge!

A1 Train Above The City
A2 On Weegee's Sidewalk
A3 Run Chico Run
A4 Press Softly On The Brakes Holly
B1 Spectral Morning
B2 Teargardens
B3 Book Of Swords
B4 Seahorses On Broadway



Felt - Space Blues
Ripped from a 12" vinyl single released on Creation Records (CRE 060T) in 1988 to high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio.

A1 Space Blues
A2 Be Still
B1 Female Star
B2 Tuesdays Secret



Felt - Me And A Monkey On The Moon
Ripped from a vinyl album released on él Records (ACME 24) in 1989 to high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio. 

A1 I Can't Make Love To You Anymore
A2 Mobile Shack
A3 Free
A4 Budgie Jacket
A5 Cartoon Sky
B1 New Day Dawning
B2 Down An August Path
B3 Never Let You Go
B4 She Deals In Crosses
B5 Get Out Of My Mirror

....and so concludes our review of ten years of Felt. It is ironic that the final album was released on  eclectic Cherry Red spin-off label, él Records ....which also marked a return to what Lawrence did best after some unusual journeys during his later Creation years. Anyway, despite what mr.angry.anon said in the comments of the first post, the vast majority of the Felt discography is deleted, unless you feel the need to give Amazon or Apple money for em-pee-threes. I am indebted to Steve for his hard work with his original vinyl pressings - plus if you look in the comments to the first of Felt you will also find his links to their BBC Radio Sessions (best get there quick). I'll deal with the two proper compilation albums very shortly.

14 comments:

  1. Gone in two weeks....

    https://mega.nz/#!bYBgmJjR!36eD90xrZtEkPba9g3AXCV3HABYgkqEUkgwXd0A4tLM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. I think Mr Anonymous Angry Man ran out of things to shout about when he realised his mistake, that indeed none of this material is widely accessible on CD or vinyl anymore. About time for a grand remastered vinyl box set of these gems me thinks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mr. Blogmeister,

    While comments like the above might make you feel all smug and warm, remember there's at least one person out here who knows, and will always know, that you're a pathetic, spineless coward when it comes to "approving" certain messages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and also - are Amazon and Apple somehow exempt from paying Cherry Red, Creation and Lawrence from the sale of "em-pee-threes"? Or do they have a sweetheart deal that pays the same rate as "high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio" ripped fron vinyl? Let me know what you find out on that.

    Also, I may be anonymous (which trust me, might work out a lot better for you in the long run than you might imagine...), but I'm not in the least bit angry. Just laughingly dismissive of everybody's excuse-laden bullshit around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Anonymous Angry Man, without wishing to exacerbate your anger management issue, all I will say in response to your unnecessarily aggressive rant is that I hope anyone who takes the time to listen to the music will buy the Felt reissues on Cherry Red when they appear. I offer my sincere apologies to you if our Blogmeister's facilitating the listening to of great music has caused offence. I, for one, have discovered lots of wonderful music and gone out and bought a physical copy as a result of hearing it on this blog for the first time. I'm unsure, however, if the royalties due to the artist and record labels concerned are being passed on by the second hand record shops I find them in though.

      Delete
  5. There is a forthcoming reissue programme for the early works up to "Let the snakes..." which Cherry Red have been promoting on their Twitter feed, each album being reissued with a 7" single as well. It seems Lawrence had asked for "Let the snakes..." to be retitled as well, as he does like to mess with his catalogue. How many times has the Felt catalogue been issued on CD? This would be the fourth by my counting. Anyway, huge thanks for these gems - I have a lot of these from back in the day (even the two for one Cherry Red tapes of the first four lps) but missed some early singles, so this has been wonderful, and they sound absolutely fantastic. Many many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Steve, Robin, & Blogmeister et al,
    Here's another message to make you feel all smug and warm as you rightfully should for your efforts here and the quality of the rewards kindly offered. Thank you, sincerely.

    I don't actually understand people who take the time to anonymously comment negatively on a limited-interest blog. But then, the wilfully mentally ill, as opposed to the merely afflicted, have always puzzled me.

    Well done fellas, please keep up the good work, and enjoy your mirth at the ineffectual apoplectic tendency.

    - Penguinflight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Penguinflight. Yours warm and smugly, Steve.

      Delete
  7. Flac'd vinyl sounds better than my 1st-edition Cherry Red CeeDees ever did (or cassettes). I'll be danged if I'm going to buy them again, thanky. (ArmchairCollector, excuse #471).

    ReplyDelete
  8. No big words or wild flailing here. Just an honest thank you for all the lovely material, of which I have only a few to my physical collection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really thought this period was exceptional after loving the cherry red stuff
    if oasis had sold as many records as felt and felt had sold as many records as oasis..
    never really listened to "monkey" though

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a great fan of Felt
    I arrived too late.
    Is not possible to you to disposable the link for another week...

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for this...back in the day a friend was an avid Felt Fan and I got a taste that made me want more, but we soon parted ways and moved on and I kind of forgot about them for a while. Years later Penelope Tree started haunting me.

    ReplyDelete