Felt 1985-1986


Felt - Primitive Painters
Ripped from a 12" vinyl single released on Cherry Red Records (12 CHERRY 89) in 1985 to high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio.

A1 Primitive Painters
B1 Cathedral



Felt - Ignite The Seven Cannons And Set Sail For The Sun
Ripped from a vinyl album released on Cherry Red Records (BRED 65) in 1985 to high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio.

A1 My Darkest Light Will Shine
A2 The Day The Rain Came Down
A3 Scarlet Servants
A4 I Don't Know Which Way To Turn
A5 Primitive Painters
B1 Textile Ranch
B2 Black Ship In The Harbour
B3 Elegance Of An Only Dream
B4 Serpent Shade
B5 Caspian See
B6 Southern State Tapestry



Felt - Ballad Of The Band
Ripped from a 12" vinyl single released on Creation Records (CRE 027T) in 1986 to high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio.

A1 Ballad Of The Band
A2 I Didn't Mean To Hurt You
B1 Candles In A Church
B2 Ferdinand Magellan



Felt ‎– Let The Snakes Crinkle Their Heads To Death
Ripped from a vinyl album released on Creation Records (CRELP 009) in 1986 to high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio.

A1 Song For William S. Harvey
A2 Ancient City Where I Lived
A3 The Seventeenth Century
A4 The Palace
A5 Indian Scriptures
B1 The Nazca Plain
B2 Jewel Sky
B3 Viking Dress
B4 Voyage To Illumination
B5 Sapphire Mansions



Felt ‎– Rain Of Crystal Spires
Ripped from a 12" vinyl single released on Creation Records (CRE 032T) in 1986 to high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio.

A1 Rain Of Crystal Spires
A2 Gather Up Your Wings And Fly
B1 I Will Die With My Head In Flames
B2 Sandman's On The Rise Again



Felt - Forever Breathes The Lonely Word
Ripped from a vinyl album released on Creation Records (CRELP 011) in 1986 to high resolution 24-bit lossless flac audio.

A1 Rain Of Crystal Spires
A2 Down But Not Yet Out
A3 September Lady
A4 Grey Streets
B1 All The People I Like Are Those That Are Dead
B2 Gather Up Your Wings And Fly
B3 A Wave Crashed On Rocks
B4 Hours Of Darkness Have Changed My Mind


12 comments:

  1. Gone in two weeks....

    https://mega.nz/#!Dc4HSAxT!F-F6nhJIfVHWe_eFajVUNJQR36U7rWmUkJJ1qCeByTI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for Felt from Holland.
    Old times come back to me!
    P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in the days I always thought that their covers are much better than their music. Every new record of Felt caught my eye, and after hearing it i always thought: "Well that doesen't hold up to what the cover has promised." Maybe I expected the wrong music. Eyeless In Gaza, And Also The Trees... Anyway. Thanks for the memory and the uploads. Regards Marco

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the giving never stops. Amazing!!!! THANK YOU for every day :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you did it again...introduced me a fantastic group I've never heard of before! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the Felt. Primitive Painters is my idea of perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the time I'd heard that superlative version of "Cathedral", finding a copy of the "Primitive Painters" 12" in Australia proved impossible. Over the years I've searched - with varying degrees of dedication - without luck. Your rip is sensational: hearing Deebank's sparkling, plangent guitar lines counterpointing Ainge's grounding drums, with a more assured vocal for Lawrence - what a treat. And that's just one of the three dozen or so tracks in this cache, including the stellar flip side. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for your kind comments. There are 17 copies of the 12'' for sale on Discogs if you are still searching?

      https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/887378?ev=rb

      Delete
    2. Cheers, Steve. Greatly appreciate your reply! I do occasionally look at online marketplaces to fill the void in my life created by the lack of certain vinyl items ... but I don't think you can overstate the additional value of unexpected discovery in a car boot or in some short-lived back laneway retailer!

      The one thing that really stood out in those Discogs listings - apart from the complete lack of antipodean Felt vinyl - was just how hard to please the reviewers were. There's two perfect tracks on 12 CHERRY 89 - yet not a unanimous perfect 5! I can only think they must be marking hard for the lack of a bonus track!!!

      Thanks again for your marvellous work, Grant McTell

      Delete
  8. Boo - as it were - yah!.

    - Penguinflight

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a great fan of Felt
    I arrived too late.
    Is not possible to you to disposable the link for another week...

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same sentiment. Would have loved hearing FBTLW in high res.

    ReplyDelete