Shades Of Faith


Durutti Column - Shades Of Faith

Vini Reilly has always tended on the prolific side with his output. Leaving aside all the regular albums, EPs and live albums, there are three Sporadic Recordings collections and the Subscription Group releases on Kooky. There are further collections of demos on the re-releases of LC on the Factory Benelux imprint and the Vini Reilly albums and the For Factory Records box set on Kooky.

In the recent past Vini has been beset by health and financial problems, which led him to sell a collection of CDRs via Kingbee Records of Manchester. Here for your enjoyment are the unreleased tracks from the Kingbee CDRs. The tracks were collected, remastered and collated by a group of people on three continents separated by distance, but connected by their love of the music of the Durutti Column and a desperate need to get out a bit more regularly.

These tracks were donated to ESWA on the understanding that they were made available to all fans of Vini Reilly's music and not to those who would attempt to sell them whether for personal profit or otherwise.

All tracks are in high quality 16bit/44.1khz FLAC audio.

1. Shades Of Faith
2. Creole
3. Somewhere (Demo)
4. Gun (ruff)
5. Gathering Dust (Demo)
6. Just Poppy
7. How Unbelievable (Without Ambient Ending)
8. Or Are You Just a Technician/Chant (Extended)

Thank you to those who made these recordings available.

27 comments:

  1. http://www.adrive.com/public/fPZbf9/dur_col_shades.rar

    A speedy download from A-Drive. Files are available until 28th April 2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can you reload the ACR peel from 1979 again...the file I grabbed from you got corrupted. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I used to go to a King Bee records in Chorlton 20 years ago, run by a local legend called Les Hare. Wonder if this is the same place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. Thanks a million.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have I mentioned I love Vini?

    -PettyV

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great blog and a great post, thx! But, any idea as to how Hi quality FLAC files can be converted for CD burning on a Mac? For personal use mind, not for profit!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a MAC but I here TOAST does the trick. There is also a freeware program here which claims to do the same...

      http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/19994/liquidcd

      Google can be your friend at times.

      Delete
    2. http://xact.en.softonic.com/mac

      I've used it for years for all my FLAC needs.

      Delete
    3. Also a program called XLD works great for burning FLACs to disc on Macs. It's free too.

      Delete
  6. Thanks! Great blogpost

    RV

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you very much for these great audios documents of Durutti Column. I listen Vini reilly music since 1986, and I continue to buy all the CD releases since 1996 : factory once records, LTM, Kooky disc, les disques du crépuscules .... I saw the band 3 times in my life, in London 2003 at Ronnie Scott Club, and 2 times in 2006 in Brsitol and the next day at Northampton for Kooky Disc Anniversary. All great gigs ! ''Shades Of Faith'' is a great album, I like the unreleased mix of ''Paen to Wilson'' album. Cheers from the north of France. Eric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a treat-thanks so much. Hope Vini stays healthy and gets back on his feet financially. A great artist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a longtime fan of Vini as well. I own most of his albums and CDs in one format or another. One I am missing however is LIVE AT THE VENUE, LONDON. I don't know how I could have possibly missed the re-release of this disc on Kooky, but I have and now it's out of print. If you have this, I'd love to hear it. Once again, great blog and thanks for all the Factory stuff. Vini and otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. many thanks
    i count myself among his many(?) fans
    i even own for friends in prtugal on vinyl bought from what was virgin records at the bottom of market street manchester
    to charles - "israbox" mate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great thanks to all parties involved in this project. Vini is quite prolific in his output, and fans can never get enough of his brilliance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many thanks for these tracks - I've been playing the reissue of "LC" a lot recently, so this is perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this - just when I thought there was no more Durutti Column to be had.

    I must figure out which of his albums I have which are unavailable and post them. Really I'd rather Vini made them all available and benefitted himself, but I guess that's not likely to happen....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Durutti Column album as promised - demos and outtakes from 78 - 81.

    http://vinyl301.com/2013/04/30/the-durutti-column-demosstudio-bonus-from-four-factory-records/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have just added Vinyl 301 to the recommended browsing panel.

      Delete
  15. Thanks for the link. There's a link to your blog over at vinyl301.com too.

    I've just posted another Durutti album - live tracks from 82 - 84 from the same Kooky box as before: http://vinyl301.com/2013/05/08/the-durutti-column-bonus-live-from-four-factory-records/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, is it possible to reupload these tracks? Thank you very much.
    Daniel, from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.adrive.com/public/pqF9HG/dur_col_shades.rar

      Valid until end May 2013

      Delete
  17. For those of us who've just found out about this compilation from The Durutti Column facebook page, can someone make this compilation available again? (I know there are other DC fans interested in it as well). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I followed the new link but got the message "The file you are trying to access is no longer available publicly.". You may need to change the settings of this file to be made publicly available. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This Durutti post was great.

    Just wondering do you have anything by Gammer & his Familiars (either of the 2 Vinyl LPs featuring Vini) ?

    Everything I have heard by Gammer is superb but I no longer have a turntable and there is not much Gammer available digitally.

    ReplyDelete