Ocean Blues


Pacific - Sea Of Sand E.P.
I compiled the two Pacific E.P.s a long long time ago as mp3 files from the Interference CD, but after the recent Lilac Time post, I decided to dust the vinyl 12" off and attempt 24-bit lossless rips. Here's the first, and very much their best work. Contemporaries of The Lilac Time and Frazier Chorus, Pacific had a short career on Creation Records and then vanished. I don't know where they went, but the band's output seems to fetch good money in the secondhand market, likely as very few were sold and there are some Creation collectors with deep pockets.
Sea Of Sand features the original single Barnoon Hill, it's b-side and two other tracks. The superb Jetstream also appeared on the excellent Creation sampler Doing It For The Kids. Fans of Felt and Factory's The Wake will especially enjoy what Pacific did. I have the second e.p. and will start working on a rip over the next few days.

Ripped from a 12" vinyl EP released on Creation Records (CRE 058T) in 1988 to high resolution 24-bit FLAC audio.
A1. Barnoon Hill
A2. I Wonder
B1. Jetstream
B2. Henry Said

3 comments:

  1. http://www.adrive.com/public/FhCYb6/pac1f1c_sea_sand.zip

    The link is live until 30th March 2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fans of Factory's The Wake? That'll be me!! I'm downloading!! Thanks ever so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just another in a long line of great 80's bands to discover. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete