Forever Autumn


Pacific - Shrift
As promised, here's the second and last single from Pacific. Adding sequencers to their lush soundscapes, Pacific guide us into New Order territory. Shrift has the feel of Bizarre Love Triangle but elegant strings and horns add much more. The two b-side tracks remind me of Vini Reilly and his Durutti Column. Pacific came and went very quickly, blink and you would have missed them. Maybe that's what makes these two EPs so special.

Ripped from a 12" vinyl single released on Creation Records (CRE 064T) in 1989 to high resolution 24-bit FLAC audio.
A. Shrift
B1. Autumn Island
B2. Mineral

4 comments:

  1. http://www.adrive.com/public/Vhxb6D/P8cific_%24hrift.zip

    Link is live until 4th April 2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. I only have it on a very warped 7", one of those 99p specials Creation did back then, so this is a great upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I've enjoyed the blog for a while but only just figured out the share ;) after reading about the similarity to "Bizarre Love Triangle", I just had to click about :p
    BTW, I have "Pacific - Break Your Social System / Run To Elsewhere" (Moshi-moshi)if you'd like a reciprocal file?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love those horns and oboes almost at the end of the song!

    ReplyDelete