400 Blows - Look

Look was released after 1985's mini-hits Movin' and Breakdown. It was a vehicle for the band's more commercial vein, though the main single from the album, Let The Music Play flopped. Another single Runaway followed but as you will hear, it is pretty awful.
Movin' aside, Riots Over London and the superbly named Fred Wesley Suffers Spontaneous Human Combustion are highlights. The CD version of the album featured the vocal version of Riots. (included here too)

Look : originally released on a vinyl LP on Illuminated Records (AMA 27) in 1986
A1. Preserve Order In Conflict
A2. Let the Music Play
A3. Movin
A4. Breakdown
A5. Runaway
B1. Riots Over London
B2. Fred Wesley Suffers Spontaneous Human Combustion
B3. The Charmer
B4. The Morality of Altitude


Re:Rip Imminent

2 comments:

  1. Another album that I used to love! You sir, are a man of taste! I know a lot of my friends at the time were aghast when bands like 23Skidoo and 400 Blows went all "commercial" but I actually loved tracks like 'Movin' and the Fred Wesley one...strange looking back, its almost like everyone was gearing up for the acid house between 84 & 87 as though it was casting a shadow back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate, you're certainly not wasting your time ripping this stuff!!! Thanks tons - taken me back almost 30 years to when I was buying this stuff - unfortunately my record collection went AWOL when i went travelling... No idea where it is now! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete