I could go on for hours about crap bands from the 90s who ripped off great bands from the 80s and now, crap bands from the 00s who rip off crap bands from the 90s who ripped off great bands from the 80s. Lost you yet? Two more things to consider, White Lies played The O2 Arena last week(!) and you have to pay over £75 on Amazon for a 2001 CD reissue of this long lost 1981 album. Is my irony too scathing for you or perhaps even, lost on you?
History says that The Sound had their chance, I disagree. From The Lion's Mouth is their finest and my second favourite album of 1981.
Most will never have heard this album, and likely will never get the chance to, think yourselves lucky!
Released on Korova Records (KODE 5) in 1981
1. Winning
2. Sense Of Purpose
3. Contact The Fact
4. Skeletons
5. Judgement
6. Fatal Flaw
7. Possession
8. The Fire
9. Silent Air
10.New Dark Age
Link removed for potential lossless re-rip
I was hooked on The Sound after I bought their Physical Word EP - brilliant! Saw them live supporting ComSat Angels
ReplyDeleteI saw The Sound several times supporting the Bunnymen, and liked 'em enough to buy their first album but never even heard this 2nd one - by that time the Bunnymen were probably too "rock" for me - though a couple of those sounds like familiar titles...perhaps from a Peel session?
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing this record
ReplyDeleteYou're so right about this band. Some Adrian Borland solo stuff is brilliant too.
ReplyDeleteI keep thinking I need to start a record label and properly re-release most of this stuff that you have on this site...
ReplyDeleteI thought a small label called something like "Renascent" put all these albums out on CD along with a never released album "Propaganda" prior to the first album Jeopardy...most included hidden tracks too. if these are no longer available...I have them and a number of USA stores still do... there's even a release of a "pre-Sound" album Second Layer - World of Rubber out now on Amazon
ReplyDelete