This could be another of my 'just before they turned crap' threads and as they had already started wearing silly clothes and dreadlocks, and subsequent releases on Warners were shite, it most likely is! I've avoided the obvious songs for my first (and only) Modern English thread, as to many they are a one song band and are mostly unknown in their own home country. I liked this album and still do today, although poppier and more heavily produced than earlier work, this is a collection of eight great songs released in the final throws of the post-punk era. It also has one of the best sleeves ever!
Released in 1984 on 4AD Records (BAD 402)
A1. Rainbow's End
A2. Machines
A3. Spinning Me Round
A4. Ricochet Days
B1. Hands Across The Sea
B2. Blue Waves
B3. Heart
B4. Chapter 12
Lossless re-post to come!
Thanks for the late night jam session. This album definitely satisfies the pop jones quite nicely.
ReplyDeleteTHATS MY ONE OF MY OWN PERSONAL CASSETTE FAVORITES THANKS FOR TURNING ME INTO THE DIGITAL ERA.
ReplyDeleteI think their Mesh & Lace album is classic and Gathering Dust is one of the best songs I´ve found in this century.
ReplyDeleteIt's been a solid 25 years since I last heard "Hands Across the Sea."
ReplyDelete"What was that other song Modern English did?" I've been asking myself for months.
Thank you for almost 5 minutes of pure joy. (And a good rip at that!)
:-) :-) :-)