Pacific - Inference

I first discovered Pacific on Creation Records "Doing It For The Kids" budget compilation, where their track Jetstream stood out from the rest of Alan McGhee's jingly jangly new popstars.
This mini-LP was released in 1990 as a compilation of their two EPs "Sea of Sand" and "Shrift" and is their entire back catelogue, save for a trade only flexi released with The Cartel's Catelogue magazine.
The main track Shrift (both versions are included) is a catchy New Order-type electro-pop, whereas other tracks are much more acoustic, orchestral and atmospheric.

From Creation Records compact disc (CRECD 087) released in 1990 compiled from two original vinyl EPs released in 1988 & 1989

1. Shrift
2. Autumn Island
3. Mineral
4. Barnoon Hill
5. I Wonder
6. Henry Said
7. Jetstream
8. Shrift (Longer Version)

Listen

4 comments:

  1. ta ever so for this maestro - my copy of barnoon hill sadly ended up warped to hell and it's a pleasure to hear it again.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh. very excited to see this posting. i had the shrift flexi, and never even knew of the existence of the other tracks (except jetstream). cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd been looking around for what happened to these guys forever. I contacted Alan McGhee, plus various Creation bands...nothing except 'Dennis - a posh bloke from Brighton' I eventually found that Dennis is now in an electronica-latino band called (amazingly) Shrift. 'Yes, I Love You' is an awesome track but they also have a promo video on their myspace page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh joy, I have been after Barnoon Hill since before there were trees. Thank you just for that, the rest is gravy.

    ReplyDelete