I've no intention of an indepth history of Alan Rankine - except that his contribution to music is rather vast. Read here if you know little about him, and then read the list of his contribution and production credits.
This hard to find LP was released on Les Disques Du Crepescule in 1986 and can be best described as pure glossy pop. It never sold in any great quantity and featured the rather lush The Sandman single - which should have been a hit. So if you know his work or are curious, especially fans of Paul Haig, give this a listen.
A1. Elephants Walk In The Morning Glory
A2. Mission For The Don
A3. Your Very Last Day
A4. The Best In Me
B1. The World Begins To Look Her Age
B2. The Sandman
B3. Last Bullet
B4. Love in Adversity
Lossless Rip Coming Soon
Just wanted to say, you've a lot of brilliant stuff on here, lots of things I wouldn't have heard otherwise. My thanks for sharing and getting the tunes out. :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Cheers.
ReplyDeleteFantastic, as is pretty much everything you've posted. I have Alan's album for Virgin, which overlapped with this. Let me know if you'd like a copy.
ReplyDeleteI've also linked to you from my blog. Hope that's OK! Keep up the good work.
Hi Irk,
ReplyDeleteCould you put the Virgin album up somewhere as it would be great to hear that too.
Many thanks
Good choice. I posted "She Loves Me Not" his Virgin album on my blog. I also have The Big Picture Sucks by Alan. Top bloke.
ReplyDeleteOnly ever heard Rankine's work in "The Associates" but am still a fan, even 20 years on. Am very much looking forwards to giving this a listen. Nice one, keep it up matey.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this, blogs are great for hearing stuff you cannot buy. Or find. Or [rarities] afford.
ReplyDeleteNice album-thanks for posting.
ReplyDeleteI have found your blog by accident - but I am amazed! I am a huge 80's fun and thanks to people like you I can still discover something new! THANK YOU! Greetings from Gdansk (Poland)
ReplyDelete