Time To Escape


The Sound - Jeopardy
Ripped from a vinyl album released on Korova Records (KODE 2) in 1980 to high resolution 24-bits of lossless flac audio. I've plugged From The Lion's Mouth a few times here over the years, now seems a good time to consider an appreciation of The Sound's debut Jeopardy. Lyricists of sheer quality were not abundant in the post-punk era and we were lucky to have Adrian Borland, who in the shadow of Ian Curtis became the voice of inner fury and malaise. Jeopardy was only the beginning of the story, it was the follow-up From The Lion's Mouth which fully revealed Borland's troubles, from which he was eventually to escape himself in 1999.

A1 I Can't Escape Myself
A2 Heartland
A3 Hour Of Need
A4 Words Fail Me
A5 Missiles
B1 Heyday
B2 Jeopardy
B3 Night Versus Day
B4 Resistance
B5 Unwritten Law
B6 Desire

7 comments:

  1. Gone in two weeks...

    https://mega.nz/#!qBJ2TRDD!xcxDDhBClSEMOSyGywSYimiaWmI73n5ee8emhCMB3F0

    ReplyDelete
  2. What effects are you running the audio through. Everything I've downloaded sounds like it's swirling around in a phaser or chorus effect of some kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never use any effects, so am unsure what you are referring to here.

      Delete
  3. Heyday...best punk/wave anthem...ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Massively important album IMO. Every word Adrian Borland ever sang was his way of bearing his soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of my favorite albums from that period. thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a classic

    ReplyDelete