Paul Haig - Heaven Sent
Ripped from a 12" vinyl single released on Les Disques du Crepescule/Island Records (12 IS 111) in 1983 to high resolution 24-bit flac audio.A1 Heaven Sent
B1 Running Away / Back Home
Who Are Be Music / ROL Eighty-Four
Ripped from a white label 12" vinyl single released on Island Records (12 IS 198) in 1984 to high resolution 24-bit flac audio. Both sides included just in case anybody whinges again.
A1 The Only Truth
AA The Only Truth
Paul Haig - Heaven Help You Now
Ripped from a 12" vinyl single released on Operation Afterglow (12 OPA 002) in 1985 to high resolution 24-bit flac audio.
A1 Heaven Help You Now
B1 World Raw
B2 Heaven Help You Now
B3 Chance
Bloggers of old will remember Paul Haig Day. This was when music blog writers were encouraged to rip and post Paul's music. We haven't had one for a while so here is my Paul Haig Day as a healthy alternative to all the Black Friday bullshit filling our inboxes, televisions and retailers. The white label was a crude attempt by Island Records to interest record shops and DJs in the forthcoming release by Paul recorded with Bernard Sumner and Donald Johnson. To this day, I still think this record sounds like three great musicians locked in a studio trying to turn out a pop song rather than a great pop song, on the other hand, Heaven Help You Know is just a truly great pop song.



For Penguinflight. Gone in two weeks...
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/#!mcgXiApb!o3CJ1L-E4OVgBcSu3lOFdZ_TNSYBx49lGiIKUcVWFb8
absolutely brilliant. If you ever consider doing a day 2, what about ace rips of Blue For You, Heaven Sent, Never Give Up (Party, Party) and Big Blue World 12 inches. They are the only ones still not available on CD !!
ReplyDeleteAgree that Heaven Help You Now is a classic pop song, however track B2 the 7 inch and best version seems to have a jump/skip at 29 secs in. I have downloaded twice with same result. Any chance you could fix this please ?
ReplyDeleteHi. Yes there are two tiny flaws between the grooves on that track which cannot be fixed. Huh ...bloody vinyl.
DeleteThank you so so much
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the Paul Haig
ReplyDeleteYou'll laugh but I didn't know who Josef K were when I first heard Paul Haig, many years ago. I arrived in reverse order, as it were. Always liked his work so much. Do you know if his two versions of Atmosphere were ever properly released (even digitally)?
ReplyDeletehttp://fremsley.tumblr.com/post/44062296677
Hopefully the Heaven Sent Portuguese 12" *was* in the bundle? I have the lists but it's all a blur now (probably for the better..).
- Penguinflight
I used your immaculate Portuguese pressing of the single for this post :-)
DeleteD'oh! Was just noting the bottom two XoD
ReplyDelete- Penguinflight
Noted this today. What do you think? Money for old rope or interesting?
ReplyDeletehttp://clashmusic.com/news/new-order-to-compile-guest-productions
Didn't you do Video 586 a while ago?
- Penguinflight
Yes I put up the cd version of Video 586 many years back.
DeleteThis compilation is a re-work of the two LTM Be-Music compilations Cool As Ice & Twice As Nice which came out a while back. Nice to see the extra tracks and the great packaging ...however I'd have hoped for more Stockholm Monsters. ...and where is the Foreign Press track?
Yes, I thought it all seemed somewhat familiar. I have a shite copy of Cool As Ice and looking at that I was thinking it didn't seem too special frankly. So basically, skipping the packaging design, it's the former suggestion.
ReplyDeleteI don't mind labels doing these re-issued compilations if only they didn't pretend they WEREN'T just that. Seems cynical and disingenuous.
BTW:-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (Or I hope you had a..)
- Penguinflight.
Thanks matey. Friday is the big day!!
Delete