From Italian Friends


Various Artists - The Greetings Compact
Ripped from a compact disc album released on Materiali Sonori Records (MASO CD 9001) in 1993 to high quality lossless flac audio. I have featured a couple of the 1980's Greetings 12" EPs in the past. The Italian label responsible also released a couple of compilation CD a few years later. These artists all played the Greetings Festival in the label's home town of San Giovanni Valdarno. Some of the tracks were different recordings than those on regular releases, and some like ACR's The Runner and Stockholm Monsters' Dumbstruck were unavailable anywhere else.

1  Durutti Column - For Friends In Italy
2  Durutti Column - Florence Sunset
3  Cudu' With Christian Burchard - Waterplay
4  Blaine L. Reininger - Bismallah
5  Mary Kelley - (It'll Be) Alright
6  Mary Kelley - Goodbye Cruel World
7  Stockholm Monsters - Dumbstruck
8  Stockholm Monsters - Militia
9  A Certain Ratio - The Runner
10 A Certain Ratio - Inside

3 comments:

  1. Gone in two weeks...

    https://mega.nz/#!fNQ21KoD!Oy1zN6TIQajoKd8LTICFqqkHnh17vBOyD5jIr0isN0I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you star! I bought this CD in 1989 and loved it, yet stupidly sold it about 15 years ago when short of funds and regretted it almost immediately. The two Mary Kelley songs are wonderful - of their time but wonderful. So pleased to be able to hear this again. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is amazing! I never knew they compiled it into a CD album eventually. I have the original vinyl for DC, SM, and ACR. Looking forward to hearing this digital version! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete