Modern English - Swans On Glass
Ripped from a 7" vinyl single released on 4AD Records (AD 6) in 1980 to high resolution 24-bit flac audio.
A1 Swans On Glass
B1 Incident
Modern English - Gathering Dust
Ripped from a 7" vinyl single released on 4AD Records (AD 6) in 1980 to high resolution 24-bit flac audio.
A1 Gathering Dust
B1 Tranquility Of A Summer Moment (Vice Versa)
Modern English - Smiles And Laughter
Ripped from a 7" vinyl single released on 4AD Records (AD 110) in 1981 to high resolution 24-bit flac audio.
A1 Smiles & Laughter 3:12
B1 Mesh & Lace
Modern English - Life In The Gladhouse
Ripped from a 12" vinyl single released on 4AD Records (BAD 208) in 1982 to high resolution 24-bit flac audio.
A1 Life In The Gladhouse (12" Mix)
B1 The Choicest View
Modern English - I Melt With You
Ripped from a 7" vinyl single released on 4AD Records (AD 212) in 1982 to high resolution 24-bit flac audio.
A1 I Melt With You
B1 The Prize
Modern English - Gathering Dust E.P.
Ripped from a 12" vinyl EP released on 4AD Records (BAD 306) in 1983 to high resolution 24-bit flac audio.
A1 Gathering Dust
A2 Mesh & Lace
B1 Smiles & Laughter
B2 Swans On Glass
B3 Home
Modern English - Someone's Calling
Ripped from a 12" vinyl single released on 4AD Records (BAD 309) in 1983 to high resolution 24-bit flac audio.A1 Someone's Calling (Remix)
B1 Life In The Gladhouse (Remix)
Chapter 12 will follow......



It seems quite some time since I did a mega-post. From Steve's fine 24-bit vinyl rips, here are the pre-83 singles and EPs by Modern English. Enjoy.
ReplyDeleteThe link dies in a few weeks so don't hang about...
https://mega.nz/#!uEQFWJ6T!pB3Y918M_ANgo9NXncXmajay7oDSGcbBiFCQSTI-jXU
Very excited about this!
ReplyDeleteWOW! What a surprise. This is incredible. One of my favorite New Romantic/Wave bands. I can't wait to wade through all this awesomeness.
ReplyDeleteDon
By sheer coincedence, I am just watching Stranger Things and I Melt With you is blaring from my TV
ReplyDeleteBy sheer coincedence, I am just watching Stranger Things and I Melt With you is blaring from my TV
ReplyDelete"Melt With You" is a bittersweet song for me, because it's the favorite song of my "one that got away" two decades ago. Every time I hear it, it's 1997 all over again and I'm saying goodbye for the final time. Sigh. Still love the tune, though.
ReplyDeleteExcellent, such a superb band. Didn't get the success they deserved much like many 80's acts such as the Church, TV21, Chameleons, The Triffids & The Go-Betweens etc.
ReplyDeleteAwesome Andie! Incredible post. I d/l'ed it for myself and added the link to my blog as well! Cheers!
ReplyDelete