A Certain Ratio - London Lyceum, November 1982
From a CDR of an unknown generation audience recorded cassette tape. A nice quality audience recording of A Certain Ratio at their jazzy funkiness peak in late 1982. The band were just about to release their third Factory Records album, I'd Like To See You Again. For their late 1982 shows the band had expanded to include new keyboard maestro Andy Connell with 52nd Street's Derek Johnson adding some toast to Sommadub. Very soon after the two original band members, Peter Terrell & Simon Topping would go their own ways, and the band's creative edge disappeared into tepid mediocrity before they found their feet again in late 1984.
Four of the tracks from this show would never see official releases, including the unrecorded Figuera and Ma Fiesta (or Mi Fiesta as it was referred to at other gigs) and the two Peel Session tracks, Who's To Say and Piu Lento.
There are two known recordings of this gig, so for the record this version (recorded close to the PA) is known as source 2.
Setlist:
Showcase
Tumba Rhumba
Skipscada
Figuera
Who's To Say
I'd Like To See You Again
Piu Lentu
I Need Someone Tonight
Ma Fiesta
Axis
Sommadub
Guess Who?
Touch

https://mega.nz/#!KVQCwJaI!zD1Hr6AP-KqrgedTp53qHrfjomCUN2krXPVSrmX5FOs
ReplyDeleteGone in two weeks
Thanks for the ACR-upload. Much appreciated!
ReplyDeletethanks very much for this one! I taped this from the front row of the balcony, but I have no idea where the tape is...so thank you!
ReplyDeleteSo I am guessing you will be source no.3?
DeleteSo I am guessing you will be source no.3?
Delete