The Plugger's Dream


A Certain Ratio - Good Together
Ripped from a white label single with no catelogue number to high resolution 24-bit flac audio ...actually mine is more of a pinkish hew than a white label proper. ACR upon signing for a major were hawked around the streets of Britain by men with slicked back pony tails, baggy, shiny suits and slip on loafers. Yep, I am talking about those wide boy record reps (most of whom were killed off by the excesses and failures of the nineties) who clearly have no place these days in a digital era. I recall one trying to plug this as featuring the front man from New Order with that bloke from The Happy Mondays and some friends from Manchester! The track was never actually released properly as a dance single (there was a 7" of sorts a year later) but it did eventually appear on the Four For The Floor EP  and on the contract obligation album ACR:MCR. Factory would have done a better job with Good Together the single, and clearly it should have been a hit. Allegedly only 500 were pressed, and I am not too sure mixes 2 and 3 were ever seen of or heard of again.

A1 Good Together (Mix 1)
A2 Good Together (Mix 2)
B1 Good Together (Mix 3)
B2 Untitled

8 comments:

  1. https://mega.nz/#!OBZEQJzL!12F4gdOo_qjszMJjnqjG_RiLmTTJflbk_iRUCzmx2wM

    As always, the link goes in two weeks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big thanks for this,have never heard mix 2 or 3 before, and they're fucking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hands down. So cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot, as I believe the young people are saying...

    I quite liked ACR:MCR but ironically only ended up with a cassette recording of the CD, which I'd handled hundreds of whilst working at Polygram Distribution in Chadwell Heath. (A deeply corrupt environment I should add.)

    But yes, patronising record touts who know NOTHING about music lecturing those whose job it was to know. What were they good for? Other than firelighters I mean.

    - Penguinflight

    ReplyDelete
  5. The link just sends me to a blank Mega page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just refresh and try once more or use a different browser

      Delete
  6. What a weird, wonderful thing that B2 Untitled is, a reminder that one can only smooth up ACR *so* much. Sorry, pluggers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Can't believe I missed this! ACR that I've never heard (or heard of)! Just found your blog, I'll have to stay on top of it going forward! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete