Groove Jumpers


400 Blows - "...If I Kissed Her I'd Have To Kill Her First..."
I have finally gotten around to re-ripping the debut 400 Blows LP from 1984. A sublime mix of indie-techno-funk, dub, industrial noise and sampling. The pivotal track is six minute interview with Charles Manson, For Jackie M, however the highlights for me (and many others) are the superb hard indie-funk of Groove Jumping and Declaration Of Intent. The country bumpkin beat of Them Thar Hills is very out of place, like a deliberate ploy to confuse and distract. Released at about the same time, this record sits perfectly alongside 23 Skidoo's Urban Gamelan.

Ripped from a vinyl album released on Illuminated Records (JAMS 42) in 1984 to high quality lossless flac audio
A1. Groove Jumping
A2. Declaration Of Intent (Re-Mixed)
A3. Them Thar Hills
A4. Love
A5. Introduction
B1. Conscience
B2. For Jackie M
B3. Lapwing Chant
B4. Men Of Divine Wind (The Kamikaze)
B5. Perspective 3

8 comments:

  1. http://www.adrive.com/public/uJ5XGe/400b_kissed_kill.rar

    Link expires 8th May 2014

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great upgrade to FLAC. I was waiting for this.

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony Thorpe in the band by this point ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure he played bass on Groove Jumping and Declaration Of Intent, but would gladly be corrected??

      Delete
  4. Remember buying this back in 1984 after hearing it on Peel. Interesting that it has never been released on CD. To anonymous, see link on discogs for personnel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great! Been looking for this for so long...

    ReplyDelete
  6. any chance for reuploading
    thanks in advance
    Alex in Solex

    ReplyDelete