Twitchy Trigger Finger


Ministry - Twitch
You all must have known this was coming next, plus it's a long overdue lossless repost. Here's what I said back in 2009...
For me, everything Adrian Sherwood touches, turns to gold. In my opinion, likely Britain's best producer since Martin Hannett and certainly our most innovative. From the earliest On-U-Sound reggae dub plates through to Tackhead and his amazing work with Mark Stewart, no producer has ever left such an ingenious thumb print as this guy.
Originally, Ministry were just a failing US new wave funk outfit until Al Jourgensen met Belgian industrial techno guru Luc van Acker when producing Revolting Cocks. The resulting sound clash, smothered in Sherwood's heavy treated beats, was this - the seminal Twitch LP.
Taking it's lead from Belgian industrial outfits such as Front 242 and with a little help from On-U buddy Keith LeBlanc on drums, this huge slab of hard industrial techno-funk was Jourgensen's Sire/Warners debut. Rather than better it, weird Al, assumed he was the master of all industrial dirge, and fed us crap for the rest of his career. (imho)

Ripped from the 1990 CD release of an album originally released on Sire Records (925 3091) in 1986 to high quality lossless FLAC.
1. Just Like You
2. We Believe
3. All Day (Remix)
4. The Angel
5. Over The Shoulder
6. My Possession
7. Where You At Now? - Crash And Burn - Twitch II
8. Over The Shoulder (12" Version)
9. Isle Of Man (Version II)

8 comments:

  1. http://www.adrive.com/public/rh5Ccf/min_twitch.rar

    The file link will expire on 16th July 2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly, I agree with your assessment of Al's output after this album. His next couple of albums have a few cuts that I still listen to, but this is Ministry's masterpiece. Many thanks for the lossless rip.

    -Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian: I agree as well. FIlth Pig onwards is pretty much worthless musically.

    The video for "Ghouldiggers" is amusing though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=TCQppWC6iLE#at=20

    “You know, I was once told by an ex-manager, “Son, you’re worth more dead than alive. Cuz when you’re dead, we can sell you off in pieces.” That’s the way it works around here. You don’t believe me? Why don’t you try asking Jim Morrison, or Jimi Hendrix, or Janis Joplin, or Kurt Cobain, or Amy Winehouse? I’m pretty sure they’re gonna take my side of the story. Sometimes I think they’re the lucky ones. They don’t have to deal with these douchebags cuz they’re already dead but I’m not dead yet!”

    Oh my, Alien Jourgensen may be repeating "I'M NOT DEAD YET" but he certainly looks like he will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Rip thanks, I have both CD and Vinyl and that CD sounds so flat and compressed these days..did you do any re-eq??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Re-EQ. Mine is a 1990 US issued CD on Sire/Warners (9253092). There were also 1998 and 2008 versions - I guess yours must be one of those.

      Delete
  5. Amazing, I'd listened to Ministry before and been largely underwhelmed. This however is gold, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. If ever there was a chance for a repost, it would be very much awesome. I was unfortunately a little late for this post. Used to own this album in k7, of all things, and it was one of my favorites at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go...

      http://www.adrive.com/public/kzKkyf/min_twitch.rar

      File expires 13th Sept 2013

      Delete