Ministry - Work For Love
I threatened in the past to up this, so as we've been in a bit of a synth-poppy vein recently here it is. In his early years, Al Jourgensen first fed us a mix on new wave dance and NY club music, then moved to synthpop and eventually hard industrial beats. I lost interest soon after the brilliant Twitch album as Jourgensen had veered into a darker world, which imho got a bit too silly. I will cover my favourite period in the next few posts.
Work For Love as a whole is a weak album, but there were a few enjoyable moments on the disco orientated singles I Wanted To Tell Her and Work For Love. The remainder of the album mixes cringeworthy new wave club fodder with poppy synth numbers. This is the European version of the album, it was also released in the US with the apologetic title, With Sympathy.
Ripped from a CD album originally released on Arista Records (205 306) in 1983 to high quality lossless FLAC audio.
1. Work For Love2. Do The Etawa
3. I Wanted To Tell Her
4. Say You're Sorry
5. Here We Go
6. Effigy (I'm Not An)
7. Revenge
8. She's Got A Clause
9. Should Have Known Better

http://www.adrive.com/public/U4fhPC/min_work_love.rar
ReplyDeleteFile available until 16th July 2013
The different track order of this UK version from the American one is interesting: the American version leads off with the two most aggressive songs on the album, 'Effigy' and 'Revenge'; the UK leads with the poppier songs.
ReplyDeleteThe different track order of this UK version from the American one is interesting: the American version leads off with the two most aggressive songs on the album, 'Effigy' and 'Revenge'; the UK leads with the poppier songs.
ReplyDelete