Bizarre Lurv Triangle


Boxcar - Freemason
I posted a Boxcar discography on one of the very first posts here as MP3s, but as I have sorting through some boxes and rediscovered this old CD single, I though it deserved a lossless post. There have been a few other New Order sound-a-likes on these pages, but of them all, this 1989 Boxcar single comes closest to the Manchester band's mid-late 80s pop outputs - even down to the bass. The single is of course mixed by  one Arthur Baker who may well have had a hand in the band's direction.
There were also two albums which I have, if anybody needs to hear them again (or maybe for the first time) let me know.

Ripped from a compact disc single released on Arista Records (662 499) in 1989 to high quality lossless FLAC audio.
1. Freemason (You Broke The Promise)
2. Freemason (Shakedown Mix)
3. Comet

7 comments:

  1. http://www.adrive.com/public/pqMQKN/boxcar_free.rar

    File available until 1st Aug 2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and unknown (for me) single! I would like to hear these albums and their other singles if you have!
    My mail is: dirett2@yahoo.it
    Thanks Claudio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this rip. I found their Insect 12" back in 1990 and didn't know who they were. Insect is still a favourite of mine. It was practically impossible to find anything else by them, but I eventually hunted down the album. Interesting fact....Factory Australia became Volition, which was Boxcars Label, which I think they ran themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your hard work! I would also love a link to the other records.
    Should I give you my email address?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boxcar didn't run Volition, FWIW. They were just one of the several bands the label. The label was actually run by mainly one fellow, Andrew Penhallow, who did indeed have the Australian rights for Factory Records and thus set up Factory Australia.

    I've liked Boxcar for ages, but I think the New Order comparisons were overstated except on this one track. For starters, Dave generally sings in tune... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you please re-post all of Boxcar discography? I'd love to listen to all that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have the two albums and this single. All of them are up again for a few weeks.

      Delete