23 Skidoo - Ethics
A worthy re-rip, I'm sure you'll agree. 1980's debut 23 Skidoo single never really stood out from the post-punk era. It was only after the release of Last Words and the subsequent Coup single, did I pick this up.
Let's say this is very much a new wave single and not the post-industrial experimentation we know them for. Listening to this now, nearly 30 years on, I love it very much. The b-side, the reggae tinged Another Baby's Face is even better, infact after listening to it again this morning, I'd say it is superb!
The group's tinkering in African and Asian rhythm is well documented in their current reissue series on LTM. Be aware of a dodgy hip-hop period when they reinvented themselves as the embarassingly poor Assassins of Soul.
Ripped from a 7" vinyl single released on Pineapple Products (PULP 23) in 1981 to high quality lossless FLAC audio.
1. Ethics2. Another Baby's Face
You may also like to listen to:
The Gospel Comes To New Guinea / Last Words
Coup & Language
Thoughts Of You
BBC Radio Session 2000

http://netkups.com/?d=9579846c41f63
ReplyDeleteThanks for this one. I caught 23 Skidoo live at the old Scala Cinema during this phase and during their 7 Songs period and they were great on both occasions. Just a pity about what happened to them after Culling is Coming..
ReplyDeleteI love that b-side too! Thanks!!!
ReplyDeleteAny chance to re-up?
ReplyDelete