Section 25 - Looking From A Hilltop


Another slab of Factory vinyl that most should possess, but I am so pleased with my rip of my well worn 'week of release' copy, I thought I'd share it. Yeah, there was a little background vinyl rumble and a few pops and clicks (lovingly removed one at a time with good old Cool Edit) but there is so much going on in the mix on both sides of this classic, only a 32bit/48000 vinyl rip can do it justice.

Looking From A Hilltop : ripped to lossless FLAC from a 12" vinyl single released on Factory Records (FAC 108) in 1984.
A. Looking From A Hilltop (Restructure from FACT 90)
B. Looking From A Hilltop (Megamix from FAC 108A)

4 comments:

  1. In flac no less, thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best tracks of the eighties (well two if you want to get picky!) in my opinion and as time marches on it actually sounds better and better. I imagine in another ten or twenty years Section 25 will finally become recognised as one of THE bands of the late 20th Century.

    So happy your move to FLAC has coincided with my recent purchase of a couple of 3TB HDs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for the Hi-quality digital Audio, this cult material is abs. worth it!!

    Amazing blogsite which shows the great record library, and provides much cognitive & useful information, still many thanks for the excellent work!!

    Monitoring all your new entries closely, hoping to see some of my most-wanted itemz posted here one day! ;)

    Greetings & respects from Russia!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this definitely is the best rip I have come across. Had this vinyl back in the eighties but sold it long, long ago. Thank you for all your effort!

    ReplyDelete