Hula - Threshold

I've covered Hula before and a blog follower has donated another rip which I'll up later. Threshold was an end of career compilation released by the band and this is ripped from my vinyl copy to lossless FLAC. It's not quite a best of, just good examples of the band's unique sound from their large volume of work. (5 albums and 11 singles in 4 years)

Hula were the missing link between industrial experimentation (TG, DVA etc) and the indie dance arena (mid-period Cabs, Chakk, ACR etc). Hula is a much harder sound, but listen closer and you'll find complex rhythm's. structured melody and subtle sampling amongst the clatter and the heavy production. The Hula sound is one to be appreciated and admired, it was never bettered and clearly influenced later bands such as Renegade Soundwave and Meat Beat Manifesto.

Threshold : ripped from a 12" vinyl album released on Red Rhino Records (REDLP 83) in 1987
A1. Fever Car
A2. Get The Habit
A3. Freeze Out (Club Mix)
A4. Black Wall Blue
B1. Big Heat
B2. Mother Courage
B3. Walk On Stalks Of Shattered Glass
B4. Tear Up
B5. Junshi


Enjoy

3 comments:

  1. I've got this on cd. But other Hula in lossless with pleasure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall grab this later as it is from a particular preriod I enjoy immensely. Thank you. I have the Black Wall Blue 12" and it is, without doubt, my all time favourite Hula track. Just walls of naked awe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being a Hula fan, like me! If you come across a lossless "VC1" single, please post it...

    ReplyDelete