Quando Quango - John Peel Session 1983


In a recent post, I featured the two Quando Quango BBC radio sessions from the mid-80's. Both were not sonically ideal, though the Peel Session was from an original taping of the broadcast, there was a lot of hiss and some sound degradation, the Kid Jensen session was from a medium wave broadcast and as a result it sounds very flat. I've been hunting for improvements since then and here is a crystal clear version of the 1983 Peel Session.

Recorded: 23rd November 1983
Transmission: 1st December 1983
Producer - Roger Pusey
Engineer - Ted De Bono
Studio - Maida Vale 4

TRACKLIST
1. Go Exciting
2. Love Tempo
3. Triangle

LINE UP
Mike Pickering (Saxophone, Vocals)
Gonnie Rietveld (Synthesiser, Vocals)
Barry Johnson (Bass, Drums)
Simon Topping (Percussion)

Listen

1 comment:

  1. I was a slightly spotty 15 year old proto-goth back in 1983 when I first heard this session, & I can honestly say I'd never heard anything like it before. I still can't work out why QQ didn't end up being absolutely chart-smashingly MASSIVE. I have "Love Tempo" on 12" but I've always preferred the Peel session version - I'd l.o.v.e. to hear it again if you can find time to re-post it? (Thanks.)

    ReplyDelete