Crawling Chaos - Live Tape

Obscure early Factory recording artists, Crawling Chaos were famous for being slammed as fucking awful by several members of Joy Division. After a couple of live support slots and two vinyl releases, Crawling Chaos left Factory and continued to release cassette albums.
Here ripped at a low bitrate is this transfer from an unofficial compilation of live soundboard recordings, noteworthy for the excellent Prick and a cover of Joy Division's Shes Lost Control.
As the band have been highly active removing their official product from other blogs, I won't be tempted into uploading any of their official releases - not that anybody would want to hear them anyway! ;-)



1. Prick
2. Sue
3. Pleasure
4. Happy Miss Green
5. Spit
6. Lillipops at 5 O'clock
7. Cadran de La Morte
8. Circulation Waltz
9. Ashen
10.She's Lost Control
11.Dandy

Listen

9 comments:

  1. Who the fuck is Jeff??

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite bands since 1981. Although there are some bad/boring parts on their records. But pure genius most of the time. Think they had more inspiration than musical skills. Anyway, thand you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote the above before listening. Now I must say I am amazed both at the sound quality and at the great songs this compilation contains that I had not heard of elsewhere! I especially enjoy "Pleasure" at the moment. So thanks again, you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shit or not (I can't make my mind up either!), at least C.Chaos were/are consistently intriguing, eh? An older mate of mine had The Gas Chair LP when I was a teenager & the sleeve used to fascinate & frighten me in equal measures. Bought LTM's CD reissue a couple of years ago &, yep, it STILL DOES...

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheers for this,CC were totally far out,the waqqaz lp is their best.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crawling Chaos are probably my favorite band to release records on factory. them and Section 25. thanks so much for posting this live tape. if anyone is interested, i had also stumbled upon a Crawling Chaos album on eMusic called 'Danger in Paradise'. and if anyone missed the Mutant Sounds posting of 'Waqqaz' and 'C', do try to seek them out, they're as good if not better than what came before them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this post: they were a great band and this live tape is a fantastic document. There are more live tracks on streaming on their official website, all worthy. I suggest you to listen to The Gas Chair & Homunculus Equinox again after all these years: you will be surprised...!

    ReplyDelete