Kabbala - Ashewo Ara

Fantastic Afro-Funk 12" single released back in 1982 on UK indie label Red Flame. I notice on Discogs that it was reissued and remixed numerous times, the last being in 1997. Thankfully, this is the original version, ripped from the original 12".

From 12" single released 1982 on Red Flame Records (RF1211)

A. Ashewo Ara
B. Voltan Dance

Hear

1 comment:

  1. I must have been visiting this blog for over a year and I fail to spot a record I have been searching for on and off since music blogging began and you had it posted all along!

    Such a killer track, afrodisco at its finest! I know its a long shot but you ever come across this on Red Flame (for some reason I just typed Big Flame, gods they were so cool live but I digress!) by Kabbala:

    http://www.discogs.com/Kabbala-Extended-Dance-Mixes/release/1240285

    If you liked the sound of Kabbala you may like the following:

    I also came across a 1984 Greek Red Flame compilation album that has a couple of great tracks on it including the short version of the Severed Heads 'Dead Eyes Opened' classic and a track from Kabbala called "Yen-Nbo-Ose" which I presume is the same as the 7 inch single they released in 1983 on Red Flame called "Yen-Nbo-Ose (Rejoice)"

    http://dekaxiliadesmatia.blogspot.com/2011/06/va-red-flame-compilation-circa-1984.html

    I also found a decent rip of another track by Kabbala called 'Yo Yo Dance' (the 7 inch version is the b-side to the Yen-Nbo-Ose track featured above) from a 12 inch they released in 1983 which you can get via the legendary Beat Electric blog:

    http://beatelectric.blogspot.com/2008/02/heaviest-afro-disco-track-on-planet.html

    And if anyone is looking for more incredible afro-disco, check out the post I did for the website Overfitting Disco by the band "Eko" called Kilimanjaro, its just jawdroppingly splendid.

    ReplyDelete