Annoying novelty single No.2. After those sinister ducks, it's time for chickens. Blame Peel for this one - he used to play it to death, they even recorded six Peel sessions! The Frank Chickens were the responsibility of Brits Beresford & Toop (who should have known better). Today this stuff would be considered very non-PC. "Well I'm a Fujiyama Mama and I'm just about to blow my top!" - brilliant.Ripped from a Kaz Records 7" single (KAZ10) released in 1984.
A. Fujiyama Mama
AA. We Are Ninja
the 9-minute or so 12" version of this is absolutely stunning too
ReplyDeleteexcellent! i worked with this group in Canada at a festival in the mid-80s and they were absolutely bodacious - music/performance/spoken word/ staging... and the kind of funny that only comes from smart.
ReplyDeletei'm dancing in the kitchen,
thanks.
d
Totally adored Frank Chickens, I was lucky enough to see them perform in Southampton, very entertaining
ReplyDelete