
Al Jourgensen has always bitched about early Ministry stuff. I've always found his this EP and the superb, Adrian Sherwood produced Twitch album to be his best work. This rather rare 12" on Chicago's important and innovative Wax Trax label compiled his 1981 single I'm Falling ,which is basically a goth-dance track and the incredibly funky Cold Life (originally released in the UK on Situation 2).
Jourgensen then signed to Arista in the UK and released the awful Work For Love album. I do have a copy of Work For Love if anybody really needs this posted too.
Jourgensen's most successful work was released later that decade on Sire/Warners.
Tracklisting:
1. I'm Falling
2. Primental
3. Cold Life
Lossless re-rip available elsewhere in the pages
Do you have their "With Sympathy" album on vinyl? I have been looking desperately for the original version of "I wanted to tell her", alas I can only find a remix I do not like at all which seems to have replaced the original on the CD version. Can you help?
ReplyDeleteI don't have it - there is a rip of the album available here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W0V0028P but I have no clue as to which version it is.
ReplyDeleteExcellent posts!
ReplyDeleteAmazing blog!
Thanks a lot!
GR